Sourdough Bread Course
Would you like for your daily bread to be healthful and delicious? Or maybe you’d just like something fun to do one weekend? Then join us on the farm in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee for a day of bread baking! This course is for anyone who would like to learn a new skill–no previous experience is required. As a matter of fact, we’ve found that it’s sometimes easier for one to learn to make sourdough bread who hasn’t been making regular yeasted bread for years!
Sourdough Bread Course Reservations
Why Sourdough Bread?
- The sourdough bread you’ll learn to make can be made fully fermented.
- The fermentation process increases the beneficial bacterias for your body. Happy, happy gut! This fermentation process also breaks down four gluten-forming proteins, so lots of folks with gluten intolerances can eat sourdough bread. (I do not recommend sourdough bread to those with Celiac Disease. Please research for yourself.)
- Sourdough bread has a lower glycemic index which will cause fewer blood sugar spikes.
- Sourdough is easier to digest. The bacteria-yeast breaks down the starches in the grains which basically pre-digests the bread. Yes!
- Sourdough bread is the real, live, old-timey bread that has been eaten for millennia. Yum.
- Fermented bread doesn’t promote tooth decay!
- Sourdough bread tastes amazing!
What Will Your Day-long Sourdough Bread Class Be Like?
Our day will start with tea and sourdough toast just in case you need a pick-me up after your journey to Spring Creek Hollow. We’ll get an overview of the day and then dive right in! You’ll be making lots of bread, so there’ll be lots to get accomplished. After a morning of dough, we’ll pause for a lovely Afternoon Tea respite that will feature homemade delicacies and organic full-leaf tea. During tea you’ll get to ask all the questions you’d like and get them all answered. After solving the world’s problems…it’s back to our bread!
Overview of What’s Included:
- Full day of hands-on learning
- How to properly care for a sourdough starter
- Knead, prepare and bake sandwich loaves, focaccia, cinnamon pastry bread, and more.
- Enjoy a Full Afternoon Tea featuring a gourmet menu and sourdough bread
- A Sourdough Bread Simplified Manual
- All the bread you make to take home and enjoy